About the Department
Globally, Computer Engineering skills continue to be in high demand from businesses in many sectors and this field is experiencing explosive growth. This Computer Engineering degree is designed to meet the needs of these businesses, to pursue a rewarding career. The curriculum designed by SPPU is followed which combines theoretical knowledge with practical experiments to prepare for the world of work. This program is the right choice for students who aspire the IT sector and have that zeal to be a tool proficient.
The Department of Computer Engineering at Pimpri Chinchwad College of Engineering and Research (PCCOE&R) was established in the year 2015 with an initial intake of 60 students in undergraduate degree programme and enhanced its intake to 120 in the year 2020. The Department works on Outcome Based Philosophy (OBE), in which, we focus and organize the entire programme and all the instructional efforts around the clearly defined outcomes that we want our students to demonstrate when they leave the institute. We endeavor to deliver such contents and to exercise such pedagogies and assessment that our students achieve high order learning and mastery, instead of just accumulating credits.
Department runs a UG programme in Computer Engineering, which is a 4 years, 8 semesters full time programme. Department has adequate number of Faculty members and supporting staff, which is well qualified, experienced and dedicated. Department has spacious classrooms, tutorial room, a department lobby(e-Shishyakulam), a project & research lab and experimentation laboratories equipped with latest equipment which are used in field. The laboratories include Multimedia Lab, Web Development Lab, Programming Lab, DE & MP LAB, Computer Network Lab, Database Lab, Computer Center.
The department believes in student-centric, research oriented course delivery and aims to produce industry ready engineering workforce who are culturally vibrant, socially sensitive and enterprising with leadership qualities. Sincere efforts and sense of responsibility by faculty members shows their maturity to understand the problems of students and nurture them accordingly.
Vision of the Department:
To strive for excellence in the field of Computer Engineering and Research through Creative Problem Solving related to societal needs.
Mission of the Department:
- M1: Establish strong fundamentals, domain knowledge and skills among the students with analytical thinking, conceptual knowledge, social awareness and expertise in the latest tools & technologies to serve industrial demands.
- M2: Establish leadership skills, team spirit and high ethical values among the students to serve industrial demands and societal needs.
- M3: Guide students towards Research and Development, and a willingness to learn by connecting themselves to the global society.
Logo of the Department:
Programme Educational Objectives of the Department:
- PEO1: To prepare globally competent graduates having strong fundamentals, domain knowledge, updated with modern technology to provide the effective solutions for engineering problems.
- PEO2: To prepare the graduates to work as a committed professional with strong professional ethics and values, sense of responsibilities, understanding of legal, safety, health, societal, cultural and environmental issues.
- PEO3: To prepare committed and motivated graduates with research attitude, lifelong learning, investigative approach, and multidisciplinary thinking.
- PEO4: To prepare the graduates with strong managerial and communication skills to work effectively as individual as well as in teams.
Programme Specific Outcomes of the Department
- PSO1: Problem-Solving Skills- The ability to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality project.
- PSO2: Professional Skills-The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, software testing, application software, web design, data analytics, IOT and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems.
- PSO3: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship- The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur, and a zest for higher studies, and to generate IPR & Deliver a quality project.
Department Achievements& Highlights
- • Smart India Hackathon winners consecutively for 2 years
- • Consistently excellent results
- • 7- Lady Faculties and 1- Lab Assistant from the departments have participated in World Record of maximum number of patents filed by women's on a single day
- • 12 Faculties and 4 Lab Assistant from the departments have participated in World Record of maximum number of copyrights filed on a single day
- • Board of studies member at Pillai,Panvel:01
- • Research Excellence Award 2019 by Institute of Scholar (INSC).:01
- • Committee member of The International Conference,China:02
- • Faculty Research articles published: 133
- • Student Research articles published: 78
- • Patents Published: 05, Granted: 01, Filed: 06
- • Faculty Copyrights: 70
- • Students Copyrights: 142
- • Active MoUs with Industry: 08
- • Products designed & developed by faculty & students: 27
- • Number of students placed in industry: 188
- • 2 international placements
- • Number of students pursuing higher education: 11
- • Number of students turned Entrepreneur: 01
- • Association of computing machinery (ACM) student chapter, GOOGLE developer club and C-cube (Computer Cosmos Consortium) for students
- • Successful completion of MOOC (NPTEL, Coursera, Udemy, Sololearn, Microsoft Technology Associate, Internshala, British Council) courses by students: 363
- • Participation of students in inter-Institute events: 198
- • Industrial Visit: 03
- • Number of faculties pursuing PhD: 10
- • Chairman for SPPU Subjects: 4
- • Paper Setter for SPPU Subjects:7
- • Subject Expert for syllabus design for SE and TE (2019):04 and 01
- • Session Chair Faculty for National Conference: 3
- • Faculty Editor for International Journal: 01
- • Membership of professional bodies by Faculty: 14
- • Books published by Faculty: 5