About the Department
The Electronics & Communication engineering degree program at PCCOER focus on problem-solving skills development for real-world applications. Our student-centric learning environment provides a variety of opportunities, including research experience, graduate degree with Honors & Minors, project based learning, and internship opportunities. Moreover, the department is involved in a number of technical and co-curricular activities encouraging students to broaden their horizons of thought, innovate and implement their ideas. Also, it maintains a great rapport with industries.
The Electronics & Communication Engineering Department at PCCOER has been established in the year 2014 and since then, has been making a steady and continuous progress. The Department works on Outcome Based Philosophy (OBE), in which, we focus and organize the entire programme and all the instructional efforts around the clearly defined outcomes that we want our students to demonstrate when they leave institute. We endeavor to deliver such contents and to exercise such pedagogies and assessment that our students achieve high order learning and mastery,instead of just accumulating credits.
Department runs a UG programme in Electronics & Communication Engineering, which is a 4 years, 8 semesters full time programme. Department has adequate number of Faculty members and supporting staff, which is well qualified, experienced and dedicated. Department has specious classrooms and 9 experimentation laboratories, Separate Project laboratory and Research & Innovation laboratory equipped with latest equipment which are used in field. The laboratories include; Basic Electronics Laboratory, Electronics Hardware Laboratory, Communication Laboratory, Digital Electronics Laboratory, Digital Signal Processing Laboratory, Embedded System Laboratory, Programming Laboratory-I, Programming Laboratory-II, Mechatronics & Power Electronics Laboratory.
Department provides the students with a strong fundamental, scientific and technical knowledge-base, multidisciplinary approach and critical thinking skills to serve as the foundation for lifelong learning in E&TC Engineering career. Department makes the student’s competent inplanning, analyzing, designing, developing, organizing and managing E&TC Engineering projects. Department also inculcates in students, professionalism, ethics, right attitude, effective communication skills, team work and an ability to identify social needs and provide Engineering solutions.
Vision of the Department:
To be a premier department in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with emphasis on hands on activities.
Mission of the Department:
- M1: Producing Engineers of academic excellence, ready with skill sets required to handle the state of art technologies in the field of electronics and telecommunication engineering.
- M2: Imparting research and innovative aptitude with moral and professional ethics for overall development of students to achieve desired outcome.
Logo of the Department:
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)-
- PEO1: To provide learning environment and hands on training in each area of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering to achieve skill up-gradation of the human capital.
- PEO2: To inculcate research capabilities in the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and allied interdisciplinary domains and adopt themselves to rapidly evolving technology.
- PEO3: To impart moral and professional ethics among the students so as to transform them into capable, adaptable and responsible citizens.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)-
- • Graduate will be able to identify, design, prototype and test electronics and communication systems using software and hardware tools.
- • Graduate will be able to develop and support systems based on embedded, automation, microwave, signal and image processing.
Salient features of the Department
• Dedicated team of 11 Faculty members –
- o 1 faculty with Ph.D. qualification, 01 faculty submitted thesis, 09 are currently pursuing Ph.D.
- o BE Honors Course: Major- Internet of Things (IoT) and Data Science
- o Publications: 100+.
- o Book/Book Chapters : 19
- o Products: 5
- o Patents : 13 patents (3 published, 10 filed)
- o Copyrights : 44 Copyrights
- o Professional Student Chapters: IEEE and IETE
- o Membership of professional bodies: IEEE, IETE, ISTE, Institute of Engineers, QCFI.
- o Incubation Center: Solar Incubation Center in collaboration with Energy Swaraj Foundation.
- o Industry Supported Laboratories: CopperCloud IoT Pvt. Ltd., E-Yantra and Free Open Source Software sponsored by IIT Bombay.
- o Active MoU Signed with Reputed Industries: 07
- o Number of students turned Entrepreneur: 05
- o Chairman for SPPU Subjects: 2
- o Paper Setter for SPPU Subjects: 3
- o Paper-setters for external Institute: 1
- o Ms. Rudri Dave (TE E&TC 2017-18) secured 9th position in University rank.
- o IEEE Student Branch Recognized as “Special IEEE Student Branch” by Power Electronics Society.
- o Organized TEDx event on 22nd May 2021.
- o Dr. R G Mapari awarded by IARDO Best Teacher of the year award 2018 and awarded with “Research Excellence Award 2019” by Institute of Scholar (INSC) on 23rd May 2019.
- o Prof. Vijayalaxmi Kumbhar received grant of $2000 for IEEE Epoxy Solar Camp 1.0 and $322 for special project ‘Floor Cleaning Robot’.
- o Prof. Triveni Dhamale is associated with FOSSEE (Free and Open Source Software for Education) project, IIT Bombay. The FOSSEE project is part of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
- o Prof. Kishor Bangale is Reviewer for “Journal of Engineering Education and Transformations” (Scopus Indexed Journal).
- o Prof. Rupali Kawade secured ELITE score and stood among 1% in NPTEL Exam.
- o Prof. Arti Tekade secured ELITE score and stood among 5% in NPTEL Exam.
• The Department has
- o Eleven well equipped state-of-the-art laboratories.
- o Active Entrepreneur Development cell to develop the employer skills among the students. During the vacation, students go for industry training and enhance their knowledge in various fields. As a result of those total 258 students completed industrial training / internship.
- • Student Society and Club: Department has student’s association “ETeSA” which provides a good platform to students to organize various events like teachers day, engineers day, quiz competition, circuit maze etc. It gives opportunities to students to improve their technical and communication skills.
- • Students are motivated, encouraged and supported to appear in various competitive examinations like GATE, CAT, GRE etc.
- • Best placement among private institute in the region and excellent academic result with consistently achieving above 90% results in every batch.