About the Department
The Electronics & Communication engineering degree program at PCCOER focus on problem-solving skills development for real-world applications. Our student-centric learning environment provides a variety of opportunities, including research experience, graduate degree with Honors & Minors, project based learning, and internship opportunities. Moreover, the department is involved in a number of technical and co-curricular activities encouraging students to broaden their horizons of thought, innovate and implement their ideas. Also, it maintains a great rapport with industries.
The Electronics & Communication Engineering Department at PCCOER has been established in the year 2014 and since then, has been making a steady and continuous progress. The Department works on Outcome Based Philosophy (OBE), in which, we focus and organize the entire programme and all the instructional efforts around the clearly defined outcomes that we want our students to demonstrate when they leave institute. We endeavor to deliver such contents and to exercise such pedagogies and assessment that our students achieve high order learning and mastery,instead of just accumulating credits.
Department runs a UG programme in Electronics & Communication Engineering, which is a 4 years, 8 semesters full time programme. Department has adequate number of Faculty members and supporting staff, which is well qualified, experienced and dedicated. Department has specious classrooms and 9 experimentation laboratories, Separate Project laboratory and Research & Innovation laboratory equipped with latest equipment which are used in field. The laboratories include; Basic Electronics Laboratory, Electronics Hardware Laboratory, Communication Laboratory, Digital Electronics Laboratory, Digital Signal Processing Laboratory, Embedded System Laboratory, Programming Laboratory-I, Programming Laboratory-II, Mechatronics & Power Electronics Laboratory.
Department provides the students with a strong fundamental, scientific and technical knowledge-base, multidisciplinary approach and critical thinking skills to serve as the foundation for lifelong learning in E&TC Engineering career. Department makes the student’s competent inplanning, analyzing, designing, developing, organizing and managing E&TC Engineering projects. Department also inculcates in students, professionalism, ethics, right attitude, effective communication skills, team work and an ability to identify social needs and provide Engineering solutions.
Vision of the Department:
To be a premier department in the field of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering with emphasis on hands on activities.
Mission of the Department:
- M1: Producing Engineers of academic excellence, ready with skill sets required to handle the state of art technologies in the field of electronics and telecommunication engineering.
- M2: Imparting research and innovative aptitude with moral and professional ethics for overall development of students to achieve desired outcome.
Logo of the Department:
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)-
- PEO1: To provide learning environment and hands on training in each area of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering to achieve skill up-gradation of the human capital.
- PEO2: To inculcate research capabilities in the Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering and allied interdisciplinary domains and adopt themselves to rapidly evolving technology.
- PEO3: To impart moral and professional ethics among the students so as to transform them into capable, adaptable and responsible citizens.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)-
- • Graduate will be able to identify, design, prototype and test electronics and communication systems using software and hardware tools.
- • Graduate will be able to develop and support systems based on embedded, automation, microwave, signal and image processing.