The goal of the Department of First Year Engineering is to introduce students to the field of engineering by means of introductory courses in electrical, mechanical, civil, electronics and computer engineering. The department also trains the students in basic sciences of physics and chemistry, and techniques of mathematics which enable them in tackling various problems in engineering and technology. To meet the essence of this goal, we have a team of dedicated faculty who constantly strive to impart quality education through close monitoring of the student’s academics and self improvement.
The department has well furnished laboratories with state of the art instruments. It includes Engineering Physics Laboratory, Engineering Chemistry Laboratory, Department of Mathematics, Basic Electrical Laboratory, Basic Mechanical Laboratory and well furnished CAD-CAM and Computer Laboratories
To introduce students to the world of Engineering, inculcate a multidisciplinary approach, establish a sound foundation in technical education, develop research orientation and contribute in character building based on strong ethics and values.
- * To impart quality education in various streams of engineering and science.
- * To ensure students’ thorough understanding of the subject matter and to hone their learning with disciplined practices.
- * To provide the best environs for nurturing creative minds.
- * To inculcate an integrated approach towards learning along with research orientation.
- * To provide training in the area of mental, spiritual growth, sound health, good conduct and communication for students which shall be based on our values and ethics.